10 Tips to Live an Organic Lifestyle
Organic Harvest Month may be coming to an end, but there are so many ways to continue celebrating and supporting organic products year-round! These days, you can find organic certification on almost any kind of household product, from bedding and clothing, to beauty, bath, and cleaning supplies. But, adapting a more organic lifestyle doesn’t only apply to purchasing products, but is also demonstrated in reducing waste and recycling or re-using the things we no longer need. Little lifestyle changes can have big long-term effects on reducing waste in landfills and the presence of harsh chemicals, toxins, and synthetic materials in our lives, resulting in a healthier you and a healthier environment.
Here are some of our favorite simple ways to transition to a more organic lifestyle:
1. Make your own cleaning products and dump the toxic, chemical stuff. Try tea for window cleaning!
2. Donate clothes you don’t wear and make cleaning rags out of old, damaged clothes instead of throwing them away.
3. Throw the contents of your tea bag in your garden with the compost, your plants will thank you!
4. Wear organic cotton. You can find socks, sweaters, leggings, t-shirts, hats, and much more available in organic fabrics. Buying organic clothing supports agriculture that maintains healthy soils and protects the environment.
5. Make a pledge to cut your environmental impact by carpooling or biking to work one day a week (or more).
6. Small changes make a difference! Try making locally sourced, organic meals once a week.
7. Use a little organic olive oil or coconut oil as a moisturizer instead of buying lotions made with chemicals and synthetics.
8. Start shopping for organic cosmetics, body, and hair care products.
9. Better yet, MAKE your own organic cosmetics.
10. Support organic brands that you love to ensure that organic products stay on the shelves and become the new standard!