5 Ways to Re-Use Your Tea Bag
As an organic tea company, our commitment to a healthy planet is at our core. This is one of the many reasons we focus on using materials in our manufacturing that are biodegradable and kind to the Earth.
Our tea bags are made from 100% natural, unbleached Abaca leaf fiber, which makes them safely biodegradable and compostable. So why not squeeze out more than a delicious cup? We’ve got some suggestions for what to do with that used tea bag to keep a good thing going.
1. Nourish your garden.
Open tea bags and sprinkle tea on garden soil to fertilize plants and deter pests. Whole tea bags can be thrown straight into your compost pile to be used later. No garden compost? No problem! Toss them in your yard waste or compost bin so your city can make use of the nutrients.
2. Play it again, Sam.
Craving a stronger cup? Add your last tea bag to your new brew for an extra boost
3. Steep for unexpected flavor.
Add used tea bags to cooking liquid when making pasta, rice, oatmeal, steamed vegetables, and more. Try jasmine tea in rice, green tea in pasta, and chai tea in oatmeal. Get creative!
4. Calm irritated skin.
Cooled tea bags can work wonders to soothe sunburns, itchy skin, bruises, and more. After chilling, gently rest the tea bag on the affected area and feel the relief.
5. Just say “Ahhhh…..”
Have a spa day. Save your favorite tea bags for a self-care facial steam treatment that is relaxing and clarifying.
- Boil water.
- Open four tea bags into large bowl and pour boiled water over the leaves, allow to cool for a minute or two.
- Drape a large towel over your head and the bowl, creating a tent to fill with steam.
- Hover about 6 inches, or a distance that feels comfortable, over the steam.
- Relax in the steam for 5-10 minutes.
- Afterwards, blot your face with a soft towel and moisturize.