Recipe: Cool Down With Chai Tea Latte Popsicles
Happy Fourth of July! We hope you have a safe and happy holiday full of friends, family, good food, and a big pitcher of iced tea!
Today, we’ve got a recipe for the ultimate frozen treat to enjoy at your next summer gathering. Inspired by traditional Chai tea you might find on a street corner in India, these popsicles are creamy, spicy, and decadent. Better yet, they’re simple and fun to make, the hardest part is waiting for them to freeze!
Chai Tea Latte Popsicle
– A popsicle mold or small paper cups
– Popsicle sticks
– 4-5 teaspoons of Choice Organic Teas Loose Leaf Chai tea leaves (or 4-5 tea bags of Masala Chai or Chai Spice)
– 2 cups whole milk
– 1 ½ cups cream
– ¾ cup sugar
1. Simmer sugar, milk and cream with the loose leaf chai for 5 minutes, stirring constantly to make sure it does not boil.
2. Remove from burner and steep for another 10 minutes to taste.
3. Once the tea and milk have steeped, strain with a fine mesh strainer or cloth into a container with a pouring spout.
4. Divide mixture into popsicle molds.
5. Put them in the freezer until completely frozen (at least 8 hours or overnight) and enjoy!
Keep checking back in on the blog each week, there are more recipes to come all month to cool you down during the height of summer!