Green Iced Tea Recipe: Blackberry Basil Green Tea
Fresh summer berries and herbs highlight this bright, earthy Chinese green tea, Dragon Well. Delicately flavored, aromatic, and a lovely red hue make this iced tea a hit at a summer time lunch or dinner.
Blackberry Basil Green Tea
– 6 cups water
– 6 tea bags of Dragon Well Green Tea
– 3 Tbsp agave (or to taste)
– 4 stems fresh basil leaves
– 1 cup fresh blackberries
– lemon slices to serve (optional)
1. Begin by boiling fresh, filtered water.
2. Place tea bags in heat safe measuring cup.
3. Remove the water from heat just before it starts to boil (around 190 degrees) and pour 2 cups of hot water over tea bags.
4. Steep tea for 3 minutes and then remove the tea bags.
5. Add agave to hot tea and stir to incorporate. Set aside to cool.
6. Place blackberries and basil in the bottom of a pitcher or serving container, set aside a handful of each for garnish.
7. Pour tea into pitcher over blackberries and basil. Muddle the blackberries, basil, and tea gently for 15 seconds to release juices and flavor.
8. Add the remaining 4 cups of water to the pitcher.
9. Add ice to pitcher to chill.
10. Serve over ice.
11. Top each glass with basil leaf and a few berries, serve with a lemon wedge if desired.
Makes approximately six 8oz servings.
Make perfect iced tea all summer (or year)! Follow our easy guide here. And be sure to check back for more recipes throughout Iced Tea Month.