Mark Your Calendar for the 5th Annual Northwest Tea Festival on October 6th & 7th
The premiere tea festival in the Pacific Northwest, the Northwest Tea Festival will delight long-time tea lovers as well as new fans of all ages with classes, lectures, tastings, and great shopping with local vendors. Just in time to kick-off tea season, the festival is once again the first weekend in October, in the Fisher Pavilion at Seattle Center. Last year, over 1,600 people attended and we expect it to be bigger this year!
A suggested donation of $10 provides you with a porcelain tasting cup to try teas from various vendors around the festival. Select lectures and tastings may require additional fees. Seating is limited and pre-registration for classes and activities is suggested and will be available on the website as the date nears. Hours are 10am to 6pm on Saturday, Oct 6th and 10am to 4pm on Sunday, Oct 7th.
- Talks by celebrated tea experts, including James Norwood Pratt, one of the world’s leading authors and authorities on tea and tea lore.
- The popular Tea Tasting Booths where attendees have the opportunity to sample a range of teas in small groups with a tea leader.
- A wide selection of classes and activities led by experts from across the country. There are region-specific classes, in-depth guides on tea styles, classes on cultural traditions and practices around tea, and much more.
- A workshop on tea sommelier skill development designed for restaurant personnel. This class will help develop the participants’ skills at pairing tea with food.
- The opportunity to purchase fine teas and unique tea ware from premium teashops and importers, a great market for any tea lover!
For more information on the Northwest Tea Festival, please visit the website: www.nwteafestival.com.