Recipe: Apple + Ginger Tea Pancakes
Happy National Pancake Day! It feels like there’s a national day for everything these days, but we’re grateful for this one because it inspired us to create these amazing pancakes. We made a batter with our Ginger tea and stuffed it full of fresh apples seasoned with cinnamon and sugar. This recipe is perfect to welcome the fall and enjoy with friends and family at the breakfast table. We hope you can celebrate this sweet holiday with us!
– 2 cups milk (we used almond milk)
– 4 Ginger tea bags
– 2 cups diced apples
– 2 Tbsp lemon juice
– 2 Tbsp sugar
– 1 tsp cinnamon
– 2 Tbsp coconut oil
– 2 ½ cups flour
– 2 eggs
– 2 tsp baking soda
– ½ tsp salt
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Heat coconut oil in a medium saucepan over low-medium heat, add apples, sugar, and cinnamon.
2. Heat and stir until apple has softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Remove apples from heat and set aside to cool.
4. Heat milk in a small saucepan to near boiling (~210 degrees), stirring to be sure it doesn’t burn.
5. Steep tea for 10 minutes and cool.
6. In a large bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
7. Beat together eggs with tea milk and vanilla.
8. Combine wet and dry ingredients slowly and beat until batter is smooth.
9. Add apples and mix until combined.
10. In a non-stick pan or griddle, heat a spoonful of oil and spread across the pan evenly.
11. With a large ladle or spoon, place the batter onto the pan, repeating until desired amount of pancakes are cooking. Be sure to leave room between cakes.
12. Once edges of the pancakes start to turn up and brown, flip the cake over for another 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
13. Serve with your favorite pancake topping. We used pure maple syrup.