Recipe: Chai Brownies for #NationalBrownieDay
Happy National Brownie Day! Let’s celebrate with this ooey-gooey chocolate confection. Made with warming chai spices and cacao then topped with a dusting of cinnamon sugar, they’re the perfect dessert just in time for the holidays.
- 3/4 cup cacao or cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2/3 cup coconut oil or butter (melted)
- 3 tea bags chai tea (we used Rooibos Chai)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 & 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13 x 9 pan.
- Heat water to a boil and steep 3 tea bags of Chai tea for at least 5 minutes.
- Stir together cacao and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Add 1/3 cup coconut oil.
- Reheat tea to a boil.
- Add boiling tea to cacao and baking soda mixture, stirring until thick.
- Add the rest of the coconut oil, sugar, and eggs. Mix until combined.
- Add flour, vanilla, and salt, mix until smooth and pour into pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean in the middle.
- Allow to cool completely.
- (optional) Dust with a mixture of cacao, cinnamon, and powdered sugar.