Recipe: Chai Spiced Apple Breakfast Cookies
What’s better than eating cookies for breakfast? These cookies are packed with wholesome ingredients like rolled oats, apple pieces, coconut oil, and of course, chai tea! The warm spices from our Chai Spice Gourmet Tea make this cookie taste like apple pie with the hand-held convenience of a protein bar. You can take these on the go for a quick snack or have a few of them for an easy breakfast when you’re in a hurry.
– 2 cups rolled oats
– 2 tea bags Chai Spice – 1/2 tsp salt
– 2 eggs
– 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
– 1/4 cup maple syrup
– 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
– 1 cup diced apple (about 1/2 of a large apple)
– 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, mix oats, salt, and the contents of 2 Chai Spice tea bags.
3. In a smaller bowl, whisk together eggs, applesauce, maple syrup, and coconut oil.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing to combine.
5. Fold in apple and walnut pieces.
6. On a parchment lined baking sheet, use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to portion out each cookie, flattening slightly after you place them.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
8. Cool cookies on the baking sheet before storing them.
Makes approximately 12 cookies.