Recipe: DIY Throat Cozy** Lozenge
Winter blues getting you down? Support throat comfort on the go with Throat Cozy Lozenges!** Our Throat Cozy Wellness Tea** combines trusted elements of traditional Egyptian and Chinese herbal formulas. Marshmallow root coats your throat while licorice root cools and soothes.** Pair it with honey, cinnamon, and ginger in a portable lozenge and you’re set for whatever the cold weather brings.
- 3 tea bags Throat Cozy**
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup sugar
- Steep tea bags, cinnamon, and ginger in ½ cup of water for at least 10 min.
- Strain tea and herbs out of water.
- Add lemon juice.
- Combine liquid, honey, and sugar into medium sized sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil on medium heat.
- Attach candy thermometer to the side of the pan and heat to 302 degrees Fahrenheit, or the hard crack phase. (if you do not have a thermometer, you can determine the correct consistency by dropping a little into ice water, if the candy hardens and cracks, it’s ready)
TIP: this phase can take some time and can heat to temperature quickly in the last few minutes. Keep a close eye on it so it doesn’t burn. Ours took about 20 minutes.
- After temperature is reached, remove from heat and cool for 3 minutes.
- Place a piece of parchment paper onto a cookie sheet and use a spoon to drop uniform circles without touching. Move quickly as the mixture cools fast.
- Cool completely and dust with a mixture of cornstarch and powdered sugar to help prevent sticking and absorb excess moisture.
- Store in a tupperware on separate layers of parchment paper, careful to not let the lozenges touch.