Recipe: Earl Grey Rolls
Fluffy, aromatic, and a perfect side for all your meal plans this holiday season. We’ve infused our Earl Grey tea into a classic holiday necessity – the roll! The delicate infusion of tea and bergamot makes these rolls perfect for butter, jam, or whatever spread you prefer.
Earl Grey Rolls
- 4 tea bags Earl Grey
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp yeast
- 3 cups flour
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp salt
- Boil water and steep tea bags for 15 minutes, allowing to cool until warm to the touch.
- In a bowl, stir together yeast, sugar, and tea. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- In stand mixer, combine flour, salt, zest, melted butter, egg, and the tea, sugar, and yeast mixture.
- Mix until ingredients are moistened, then knead with dough hook on low speed for 5 minutes, or until the dough forms a ball and cleans the side of the bowl.
– If you don’t have a stand mixer, knead by hand on a lightly floured surface for 8-10 minutes.
- Place dough into a greased bowl and wrap tightly in plastic wrap and cover with a clean dishcloth. Let rise for 30 minutes to an hour, or until doubled in size.
- Punch down dough and weigh out approximately 12 2 oz pieces, rolling into tight balls and placing them evenly apart on a lined baking sheet. Let rolls rise uncovered another 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 12-18 minutes or until golden.