Recipe: Rooibos Lemon Ginger Popsicles
Squeeze the most out of the rest of summer with these Rooibos Lemon Ginger Popsicles! With just a few ingredients, you can rest easy that these sweet and simple popsicles are a healthy alternative to the packaged version from the market. The subtle, earthy sweetness of Rooibos is heightened with a bit of honey and complemented by fresh tangy lemon juice and spicy ginger, resulting in zesty, cooling delight.
Have a Labor Day party to attend or host? These guilt-free, kid-friendly frozen treats are sure to please a crowd of any age.
– 4 bags of Rooibos herbal tea
– 4 cups water
– 1/4 cup honey
– 1/4 cup lemon juice (approximately 1 medium lemon)
– 1 Tbsp minced or grated ginger
1. Steep Rooibos tea bags in 2 cups of freshly boiled water for 6 minutes.
2. Once steeped, remove tea bags and add honey to hot tea, stirring until dissolved. Set aside to cool.
3. Add lemon juice and ginger to two cups of cool water.
4. Combine cooled Rooibos tea and honey mixture with water, lemon juice, and ginger mixture into a container with a pouring spout.
5. Pour mixture evenly into popsicle molds or paper cups, insert popsicle sticks, and place in freezer.
6. Freeze overnight or until solid.
7. Carefully remove the popsicles form their molds and enjoy!