Recipe: Spring Rooibos Frittata
Spring is finally here! That means more sun, fresh veggies, and brunch weather. This frittata will serve your whole crew or can be perfect for two with leftovers for dinner. Infused with a touch of Rooibos tea, it offers a herbal twist on a traditional dish. Pair it with a simple salad of spring mix greens, carrots, and tomato topped with a Rooibos Balsamic Vinaigrette for a complete meal. Don’t forget the iced tea!
Rooibos infused olive oil:
– 1/4 cup olive oil
– 2 tea bags Rooibos
– 2 Tbsp Rooibos infused olive oil
– 1/2 onion, sliced
– 1 1/2 cup spinach, chopped
– 1 cup sliced mushrooms
– 6-8 eggs
– 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
– 1 tsp oregano
1. To make the Rooibos olive oil, heat oil in a saucepan to 150 degrees, stirring occasionally to not burn the oil. Remove from heat, add tea bags and steep until you’re ready to use.
2. In a 10 inch cast iron or non-stick skillet, heat 2 Tbsp of Rooibos olive oil on medium high heat.
3. Add sliced onion and 1/2 tsp salt and pepper. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
4. Lower heat, add spinach and mushrooms, cook until spinach has wilted and there’s little moisture left in the pan.
5. Meanwhile, beat eggs in a separate bowl, stir oregano and feta into eggs.
6. Pour egg mixture into cast iron, use a spatula to even out the vegetables if necessary.
7. Cook until eggs are set and firm all the way though.
8. OPTIONAL: If you’re using a cast iron or oven-safe pan, you can finish setting the eggs and brown the top of the frittata briefly in the oven. Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees and place frittata on the top rack for 3 minutes.
Rooibos Balsamic Vinaigrette:
– 2 Tbsp Rooibos olive oil
– 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
– Garlic Powder, Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Combine all ingredients in a mason jar and shake!
2. Toss with your favorite salad veggies and greens.