Recipe: Strawberry Basil Iced Tea
Brew up a pitcher of this delicious iced tea and you’ll be the MVP of any party. We love using ripe seasonal fruits and herbs to create unexpected flavor combinations. Homemade strawberry basil syrup is the highlight in this refreshing mix with delicate White Peony tea as the perfect complement.
Strawberry Basil Iced Tea
- 6 tea bags White Peony tea
- 5 cups water
- 2 cups strawberries, quartered
- 1 cup roughly torn basil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- In a saucepan, add 1 cup of water, strawberries, basil, and sugar.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Once boiling, turn off heat, cover, and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Set aside in a heat safe container and refrigerate.
- Boil 1 cup of water and allow to cool briefly, add tea bags and steep for 4 minutes.
- Top brewed tea concentrate with 3 cups of cold water and set aside to cool.
- Pour strawberry basil syrup and tea in a pitcher, chill until ready to serve.
- Serve in tall glasses over ice. Optional, add a few fresh leaves of basil and a strawberry slice as garnish.
Makes six 16 oz servings.