Recipe: Thai Iced Tea with Breakfast Blend
Unique spices create authenticity in this creamy and sweet Thai Iced Tea. This version is vegan and made with our brisk, black Breakfast Blend tea. It can be easily adapted to include real milk or other dairy alternatives, customized to your desired sweetness, and spiced with your individual tastes in mind. Start here and see where your imagination can take you!
– 6 tea bags Breakfast Blend (or another one of our strong black teas)
– 3 whole cloves
– 1 crushed cardamom pod
– 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
– 1/4 cup sugar
– 4 cups water
– 1/2 cup coconut milk
– 1/2 cup sweetened condensed coconut milk
1. Steep tea bags in 2 cups of freshly boiled water, stir in spices, vanilla, and sugar to dissolve. You can add more sugar if you prefer it.
2. Brew for at least 30 minutes and allow to cool, adding 2 additional cups of cold water.
3. Remove tea bags and spices and refrigerate until ready to use.
4. In a separate container, mix coconut milk and sweetened condensed milk. Stir well.
5. Fill glasses with ice and fill the glass about 3/4 with tea.
6. Top off with coconut milk mixture and stir.