Recipe: White Peony Mint Julep
Pull up a seat on the porch with this summery cocktail! May 30th is National Mint Julep Day, and to celebrate, we gave this classic drink a delicate tea infusion with our White Peony. Ideal for any occasion that calls for a sweet, refreshing libation.
- ½ cup mint leaves, loosely packed + more for garnish
- 1 lemon, sliced thinly
- 3 cups water, divided
- 6 bags White Peony tea
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup bourbon of choice
- Crushed ice
- In a pitcher, add mint leaves and lemon.
- Boil 2 cups of water.
- Once boiled, pour into a heat-proof cup, allowing to cool momentarily before adding tea bags. Steep for 3 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and add sugar, stir until dissolved.
- Pour sweetened tea into pitcher.
- Stir, pressing the lemon and mint to the sides of the pitcher with a wooden spoon.
- Add 1 cup cold water and Bourbon to pitcher.
- Serve over crushed ice and garnish with mint leaves.
Makes 4 cups.