Recipe: The Kentucky Caravan Cocktail for Father’s Day
Father’s Day is this weekend and if you have a dad who’s a fan of bourbon and tea, we’ve got the perfect cocktail to make and enjoy with him. We’re calling this Kentucky Caravan because it’s got Kentucky bourbon and our own Russian Caravan smoked black tea. The smokey, campfire-like essence of Russian Caravan rounds out the oak notes in bourbon and a touch of vanilla simple syrup sweetens it up for easy sipping. Chilled and poured over ice, it’s perfect for a sunny Sunday afternoon.
What you need:
– 2 tea bags Russian Caravan
– 1 cup water
– 1 shot (1 oz) vanilla simple syrup (1/3 cup hot water, 1/3 cup sugar, 1/4 tsp vanilla: stir to dissolve sugar)
– 2 shots (1 oz shots) bourbon
1. Boil fresh, filtered water.
2. In 1/2 cup of freshly boiled water, steep tea bags for 5 minutes.
3. Once brewed, add another 1/2 cup of cold water to the tea. Set aside to cool.
4. In shaker or jar, add a handful of ice and pour in 1 oz simple syrup, 2 shots of bourbon, and 1 cup of tea.
5. Shake well until chilled.
6. Divide into serve over ice with lemon garnish.
Makes two drinks.